IT Technician – Full Time
Johnson Newspapers has an immediate opening for a full time IT Technician in our IT Department. The IT Technician will report to the IT Manager and assist other IT staff. The candidate will provide onsite and remote support to employees at all sites. The IT Technician’s role is to support the overall day-to-day operations of the company’s computer network. This includes, but not limited to, installation, configuration & operation of computers, printers or mobile device equipment (e.g. desktop, laptop, tablet, smart phones, etc.) and their associated peripherals. Ensure the integrity and security of the in-house voice, data, and video equipment.
· Minimum if an associate’s degree in computer science or related field & 2 years industry experience.
· Ability to install & repair LAN/WAN equipment, software and peripherals.
· Ability to create & maintain documentation
· Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
· Broad knowledge of MS Office software and LAN/WAN technologies and operations.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Troubleshooting capabilities at the hardware and software levels.
· Strong problem solving skills & ability to work well under pressure.
· Familiarity with the software and hardware on Windows, Linux and Macintosh based systems.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or IT Manager Watertown Daily Times 260 Washington Street Watertown, 13601.
Salary is $13/hr with health, dental, 401K, vacation and sick.
Johnson Newspaper Corporation is an equal Opportunity Employer.
Location/Region: WATERTOWN ,NY