New York Air Brake
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
- Manage multiple projects through closure; develop release plans with contract requirements, milestones, risks and plan for execution.
- Responsible for scheduling necessary meetings with resources and stakeholders, act as a facilitator and provide clear documentation, minutes and communication to all involved with project..
- Conduct project briefings on project status to project teams and Senior Leadership when required.
- Perform project control analyzing variances to the project plan, providing root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to backlog refinement and release planning.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
First level Scrum Master Certification (CSM, PSM I)
Knowledge of PMBok and waterfall development and experience with a company's transition to agile.
Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc).
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus)
- Second level Scrum Master Certification (CSP, PSM II)
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Knowledge of rail or transportation industry
2-5+ years in project management as well as the additional details below.
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Previous experience as a team lead
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs,etc)
Degree Field: Engineering Management or Business Administration
Training/ Certifications: Project Management Professional Preferred; Certified Scrum Master Preferred; MBA Preferred; Six Sigma Green Belt
Watertown, New York, United States
Location/Region: Watertown, NY (US - 13601)