New York Air Brake
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
- Perform schedule PM activities per written instructions and job knowledge of the spcific piece of equipment to prevent breakdown. Communicate improvement ideas (added/subtract) element to the PM instructions to help improvement the equipment OEE.
- Tools/parts in their work area are kept in file drawers ranging from 6" to 65" and requiring 20# pulling/21# pushing force. Workbench is positioned so that they can utilize an overhead hoist and work off a height of 35-36".
- Occassional use of tow motors to retrive items from top shelves; use of electric lift in their work area. The electric lift will pick ut metal bins, raise,lower,move right or left, with a hand held control. The only manual use of the lift is to turn it so that a tow motor or cart can move the bin.
- Utilize a variety of mechanics tools, ranging from a few ounces to 5#. Tools are on a tool cart for transport.
- Working on the machines and test racks requires reaching, bending, kneeling and crawling underneath. They be in these positions for a few minutes or a few hours depending on the task.
- They may also work off a ladder.
- Use of mechanical lifts for objects over 25-30# and also a co-worker assist
- Preventive maintenance and repair of CNC machining equipment
- Requires working knowledge of Pneumatic / Hydraulic circuit troubleshooting, measurement and test equipment (torque, pressure, force transducers etc.) Electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic blueprint reading and electrical panel building / modification
- Must have working knowledge and comply to all LOCK Out / Tag Out procedures.
- Computer Skills, including software/hardware
- Shop Math
- Blueprint Reading
- Shop Use of Measuring Devices
- Understanding Temperature Controls
Journeyman Preferred, but may substitute with 5 yrs or more appropriate experience, able to perform preventive maintenance, troubleshoot, and repair CNC machines and a variety of hydraulic, electrical/pneumatic equipment, motors, and pumps.
Watertown, New York, United States
Location/Region: Watertown, NY (US - 13601)