33 Stearns Street, PO Box 270
Massena NY 13662
Enbridge St. Lawrence Gas is seeking to fill the following position:
To assist in the preparation of year end and month end financial statements; gas costs; regulatory filings; budgets and review of process improvements throughout the company.
• Track and balance gas volumes
• Calculate gas costs, monthly gas adjustment clause (GAC) and annual reconciliation with regulator
• Analysis and invoicing for gas supply, optimization, off system sales, streaming and capacity release; quarterly reports relative to these to be filed with the regulator
• Process month end and year end close through preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, variance analysis, etc.
• Assemble monthly regulatory deferral analysis and annual reconciliations, gas volume analysis and annual winter supply and preparedness report to be filed with regulator
• Prepare and support financial analysis for ESLG regulatory filings/applications
• Assist in the preparation and entry of annual budget and forecast (relating to revenue and gas cost)
• Preparation of financial statements
• Responsible for cash management and bank reconciliations
• Support continuous process improvement activities through engagement of management and staff
• Monitor and assist in the annual external audit to ensure efficient year end audits
• Various other duties as required to support the overall accounting functions
• University Degree is required – C.P.A. or Master’s Degree in Accounting is preferred
• A minimum of five years relevant accounting experience
• Experience with various accounting software applications would be considered a definite asset. Proficiency with MS Office is essential, with advanced Excel skills
• The candidate should have excellent organizational, analytical, time management, and communication skills
• A background in lean six sigma methodology or another comparable process improvement methodology would be considered an asset
• Background in a regulatory or utility environment would be considered an asset
This position offers a competitive wage and benefit. Salary and job level will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location/Region: MASSENA ,NY